Sunday, September 18, 2011

oooh what a weekend.

Friday:

Went out to dinner somewhere fancy.. and then went on a spontaneous pizza date at Akropolis (equivalent to ontario mills) accompanied by delicious cider beer (if i like you enough i'll send you some). Pizza date ended at about ten.. waited 25 minutes for bus 14 (come to find out it doesn't run after 10pm). All of this going on while being harassed by an elderly inebriated man. He was pervy and creepy and started chasing us. Luckily we ran him out, and found a taxi to take us back to LCC!

Saturday:

Some girls showed me this great bakery in downtown Klaipeda. Soooo good! There were bees buzzing around inside, which was super strange. It was even more strange that no one was bothered by it and we just all sat there and existed together. No one getting stung or squished.

I spent the rest of my day trying to do homework. Oh my goodness I couldn't concentrate for my life! So frustrating!

Sunday:

Woke up many times during the night.. afraid I would miss my alarm and the bus (4 hr ride) to Vilnius for an Opera! We saw 'Eugene Onegin' it was in another language, and subtitles were also in another language. So I couldn't understand it, but I could surely appreciate the music, talent, and dedication of the people who devote their lives to putting on such a phenomenal production.

After the show, one of the local students took us back to her home and was so wonderful to us. Her family opened up their home and made us a quick dinner, good coffee, and fondue for dessert! Lithuanian hospitality! It was so amazing, such generous people.


Well I am exhausted. And yes, I realize I need to take more photos. I'll go on a walk tomorrow with my camera if the weather permits.

Oh, and I am also going nuts not having access to ceramics. Hm..

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment