Sunday, October 23, 2011

eating my way through europe.

fact: i've gained 50 pounds since being in lithuania. i'm just kidding. but literally all we do is eat, and it is wonderful.

I am learning how to love better. And I hope I am learning how to listen more. To listen without thinking of my own thoughts while someone is talking. To give someone time to form their own thoughts and opinions without abruptly telling them something that they could've lived without hearing. I am trying to learn how to be a better friend. I had a really wonderful conversation today about listening, and being better friends with someone today. It brought me back to what I truly believe and hopefully I will continue to learn how to be a better listener and friend. If you need to have a good thought provoking conversation with someone call Hannah Becker, she's your girl!

FAJITAS!
I was in Vilnius the past night for the first time ever! And it was marvelous. First we got lost and the guy who's flat we were stay at picked us up.. so generous and kind. Although he thought we were kind of dumb for getting lost. :] First we ate some traditional Lithuanian food. I had zeppilin, massive potato dumplings with curd inside. It was alright, but too much for me. If you ask I will make them for you when I am back.. only if I like you. Then we found this chocolat cafe. It was marvelous, and the people who worked there were so kind. After that we walked over to the philharmonic building and got some tickets for a symphony, a symphony that was breathtaking. After the symphony we found MEXICAN FOOD! I was like a happy little kid and all my wildest dreams had come true.
my pipe.
really tired and sore feet. :[
The next day was less exciting. I got a pipe. Hopefully i'll get a chance to use it sometime before the semester is over. We walked around A LOT. A lot a lot. Did I say we walked? Cause we walked it out. We walked A LOT.

Lastly I got myself a little 'Lietuva' pin to go along with my sweden pin. I guess since I live here it's kind of necessary!
My new Lithuania pin! along with my Sweden Moose pin I got in Stockholm!

Until next time. Love to all. I challenge you to be better listeners this week!

Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment