Tuesday, October 25, 2011

my mom is a hippie.

I love my hippie mom and my softy of a Dad :]

I love the package I got. And the note my dad sneakily slipped into the side made me tear up. There's something about my dad actually being expressive of his emotions just gets me! I guess I'm a softy too!

I Love you Mom and Dad!

This package was impossible to get. I walked to the main post office where our packages usually are.. and the lady said something in Lithuanian so I asked her if she spoke English.. she didn't. So instead of calmly helping me understand what she was getting at, her voice got louder and louder and her finger on the paper slammed down harder and harder. I left with tears in my eyes out of frustration. Frustrated that I don't know Lithuanian, frustrated that I was a foreigner, frustrated that she wasn't taking a gentle approach to the situation. Just frustrated. About a block away from the post office I realized what she was trying to say. She was saying I went to the wrong post office. Once I realized that I got my confident posture back and walked onto the right post office so excited to finally get my hands on this package I have been awaiting for a month.

Things that look familiar!
Immediately put on my shoes
I get to the post office. It's kind of in a really weird place, almost feels sketchy. I found the door and tried to open it. I pushed and I pulled and I finally acknowledged that it  was locked and I wasn't getting in. So I ran around the building sure there was another entrance. Nothing. There was a note on the door though, it was in Lithuanian. At this point I'm kicking myself for not taking Lithuanian. The note basically said that the post office was changing locations and would be open in the new location on the 25th (today). My roommate helped me figure that one out. I left the post office really bummed. I was so close to getting a piece of home and I was so quickly and abruptly denied.

Hippie Mom sending me granola bars. Love it.
Finally today I marched to the new location, which is a great location. It's right by the grocery store - so it's perfect. I handed them the package slip and 5 minutes later i was walking out with my beloved package from home.

DELICIOUS. Thank you Mom!
I pried it open the minute I walked into my room. The second I saw my Toms I put them on and told my roommate I was going to sleep in them. She thought I was serious! :] And everyone thinks I'm going to be cold walking around in them.. I'd rather be a little chilly than have a ton of blisters!


 Next I found some granola bars and gluten free cookies. SO DELICIOUS! I haven't had a cookie in over two months!

And last I found some granola bars that will come in really handy next week when we're traveling to Russia!

I leave for Russia saturday morning! AND I AM ECSTATIC! And we counted in classe today.. we only have 10 class sessions left until the end of the semester. I'll be glad when that comes around.

Until next time! Cheers.

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment