Saturday, October 15, 2011

packages!


 I got a package yesterday! If you've ever been abroad for a long period of time you'd understand that getting a package is super exciting! It was also from Lauren, who studied abroad herself when she was my age which made it even more special cause she understands!

The quote on the box says:

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself." - Aldous Huxley

good quote.

It took me a while to cut through the tye dye duck tape with my keys considering I have no scissors. I mist have looked really silly to the people passing by one the sidewalk.

Inside the package there were all these cute wrappings with wax stamps holding them together, which is so Lauren. She is definitely a creative one.

cool stamps

 Then prying into the whole thing I found two delicious chocolate bars, one of which is already gone.. haha! Some fingerless mittens made with leftover yarn from a hat Lauren made me. Yay! There was also a wooden hair thing that is super beautiful. a watercolor/drawing and wonderful note form Lauren. Some prayer flags, a homemade felted bird, some mulled spices, a lithuanian flag drawn by her students, and I think that was it.

I keep the mulled spices in my desk drawer so every time I open the drawer it smells so pleasant!


the bird, prayer flags, watercolor, and flag :]
Thanks Lauren for your gifts, they brightened my day!

Last night I went to Memelis for the first time, it's this karaoke bar with a dance club on the 4th floor. We had so much fun! House brewed caramel beer, Hannah and Keziah rocking out with karaoke, and laughing at other people rocking out with karaoke.

It was a good night. I was supposed to be in Vilnius today, but I accidently fell asleep and slept through leaving. I AM SO MAD AT MYSELF! ugh. I can't believe I did that.

Until next time,

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment